G: What's that noise? [studies the room carefully]
Me: [flipping through the mail] What noise? [pause] oh that's kids playing outside
G: [holds his pointer finger to his lips] No, no that noise
Me: You mean the car horn? [car beeps again in the distance]
G: No that one [looks up and points to the ceiling]
Me: [biting lip in frustration] I don't know what you mean little bug
G: its like a heart beating.. like this
Me: [quiet long pause then nods head] I hear it, I hear it, you mean the pigeons cooing.. it does sound like a beating heart, it does little bug [speechless]
4 comments:
This brings tears to my eyes. How do we grow up and learn to miss the beauty that is all around us? Thanks to the G man for reminding us to slow down and listen.
oh. my heart.
we all need a g huh :)
oh g...you remind us that we all need to tune out the distractions and really listen.
that's beautiful.
i love the minds of children.
Post a Comment