"Go ahead G stand right there in front of the elevator, push the button for me...So anyways mom have a great mother's day and oh I need some capers. Wait G! wait for Dada!" But the G does not wait. Oh no, the G does not wait and I imagined he smiled a real big one as the doors closed in. Down, down to the first floor and then up again. Doors open, bigger smile, doors close. Not one but two elevator rides completely alone.
Now I have to tell you I didn't find out about this little fiasco, one of the finer Dad moves I might add, until after I'd finished the last bite of smoked salmon and polished off the latte that they had brought me, all this magic to get me in just the right mood. The Docta he knows how to break it to me gently.
"I was right there I swear..he's just so quick now. I think we really need one of those leash thingies. How do you keep him from running away from you in the store?"
"I was right there I swear..he's just so quick now. I think we really need one of those leash thingies. How do you keep him from running away from you in the store?"
Deep breath. Inhale. exhale. I was about to give him my two cents when the G made the I am about to poop face.
"Quick, quick! Lets sit on the potty hurry, hurry" and off we went. I left the G alone with his books and his privacy, back to my spot on the couch. "Now where was I..."
We'd done this thing a million times before I wasn't expecting the G to deliver any goods today. I guess it just never entered my mind that I was going to be able to say,"I got shit for Mother's day!" Sooner than we expected, the G proudly announced the news to everyone clad in his new poop shirt and matching socks and made this day one I will never forget.
7 comments:
Love love love it.
I'm cracking up thinking of G in that elevator and even more thinking of the Docta's face and mind as he quickly formulates his story for you. Saved by the bell, or in this case the poop! Now the fun really begins! :)
Fantastic. Poop for Mother's day. I would have given my right arm for that gift....
Congrats...
My firstborn sat up alone for the first time on Mother's Day.
Yah, I'd say the milestones are pretty impressive Mother's Day gifts.
The poop...impressive. But I'm so drooling over your smoked salmon, goat cheese and capers. I miss my inner gourmet.
Oh the gifts of motherhood never end.
I am laughing out loud. That is the best ever! I can't wait to see that shirt in person. What a big boy, little G!
And here your title made me think you got laid!
The truly sad part is.....that probably made your day! I remember that SO well...we are just over that hump, and still JM tries to slide back every now and again!
Congrats to G!
As for the elevator, on a trip to Kansas City Mr. Mayhem allowed my then 5 year old daughter to get on an elevator....and the doors closed!!! There were 30 floors! The hotel security locked all the exit doors and flipped a switch that sent all the elevators to the ground floor....when they opened NO PRINCESS!!!!
I am steady mumbling death threats to Mr. Mayhem! She had gotten off at a floor, found a kind looking older lady and asked her for help. The next time the doors opened on the elevator...the lady was exclaiming "She's okay!" THANK GOODNESS! DADS!
Post a Comment