Wednesday, September 5, 2007

1,095 Days Alive

I close my eyes and wish as the G huffs and puffs and puffs again spraying a gale of toddler breath that finally extinguishes three bright dancing candles. 1, 095 days alive my son. 1,095 days as your mama. And every day i keep thinking i gotta hold on to this moment tight and this moment too put 'em in my pocket like a pile of shiny pennies. i know the songs you are making from your two string guitar, that you hold like a third arm around this house, are already changing. I know you won't say "syriup" and do the syriup dance as you wait for the waffles to pop for very much longer so I don't want to forget all the little things that make you three in this very moment that you didn't do yesterday and that you probably won't do tomorrow.

Today i don't want to forget that you taught me how to catch seaweed with a stick















That you took your first picture of Grampo's crocs and started a fashion trend with your cousin Sully















That you study every living creature in amazement even an army of ants moving leaves twice their size









That you already look like a little man














But you still need your Dada to lift you to the hoop














And you still love it when your Abue chases you in your PJS



That your dancing's contagious and you've changed me forever
Feliz Cumpleanos Bug-a-Bug

15 comments:

Bananas said...

this is the sweetest post ever.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful.

Happy 1,135 days alive little man...

Christine said...

feliz cumpleanos indeed, little guy.

1,135--wow.

BOSSY said...

Totally dear. In the future Bossy is looking to him, by the way, for footwear advice.

bgirl said...

such a fantastic birthday letter M.

happy happy b-day our favorite little toe-headed boy. i will never forget the 'shakin-heads' dance or the sqUUUUEEEEAaaal and squawk that our boys made upon greeing eachother each day on the sidewalk.

we LOVE you G. here's to being 3
*knuckles*

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
Happy 1135!!

Ms. Skywalker said...

Isn't it funny?

How we are supposed to be the teacher, yet we are always the ones being taught.

Did you ever think that all that you've learned over the course of your lifetime could be rendered so useless over the course of three years?

I mean, who needs to balance checkbooks when there are sticks screaming for seaweed?

S said...

Oh, oh, oh! He's adorable, and your post is sweet as can be.

Happy Birthday to him!

Stacey said...

Aww. Happy Birthday little G man.

KC said...

happy birthday sweet boy.

Ally said...

Sometimes I think that the best part about blogging is the opportunity it gives us to document and treasure the lives of our children. This post is a keeper, and should be printed for G to read someday. What greater gift could you give him than to know that he was (and always will be) so deeply loved?

Seattle Mamacita said...

um did you notice that I changed the title/number of days I was only off by a mere 40 days see that's why i'm not a math teacher.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday little G! He is getting so grown up! What a lovely post from his beautiful mamacita!

Johanna said...

I love this post. Happy b-day G.

Anonymous said...

mamacita, your little boy is just too adorable. hoo my gawd! the mustaches? what a great little mug on that kid.

as for math, I'm a total disgrace to asians everywhere. you got closer than I would have.

happy belated birthday!